Thursday, September 18, 2008

Political Lifetimes

Ok so ... I figured that I would start this off nice and slow by simply finding out how long each nominee and their running mates had been in office. I know this is kind of a hot button issue, I hear a lot about how Obama and Palin don't have much experience under their belts and so I thought it would be interesting to find the truth.

Obama - 8 years in the Illlionis State Senate and the U.S. Senate
Biden - 30 years as a State Senator for the state of Delaware

McCain - 26 years in the U.S. House of Representatives and the U.S. Senate
Palin - 1 year and 9 months as Governor of Alaska

Ok - not a ton of information but it's a start. I would also like to add, in case of you uber-politcal types decide to get all bent out of shape because I got something wrong, that all of this information came from WikiAnswers. Which, if you're interested, is written totally by people who are Obama supporters and McCain haters. The thing about Sarah Palin started talking about Obama in the middle of it. As for McCain's page ... check it out:

"26 years of nothing but incompetence.

Or if you feel like reporting the facts without a political bias ... Senator McCain was elected to the House of Representatives representing the state of Arizona in 1982 and then elected to represent Arizona again in the Senate in 1986. Senator McCain ran for the presidential nomination in 2000 and again in 2004 but was defeated both times by President George W. Bush. In 2008 he secured the Republican presidential nomination and appointed Alaska Governor Sarah Palin to be his running mate."

I was really surprised by this. I mean, why is it that it's ok to tell it like it is when I'm asking questions about Obama but when I want to know a little about McCain all I'm told is that he's incompetant? I find it interesting ... what about you?

XOXOXOX -

No comments: