Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Ok Fine.

I was trying my hardest to just keep out of the election this year but it looks like I'm just going to get dragged into it anyway. Thank you Toady and Max for not being able to just leave well enough alone and let me keep my head in the sand where it was good and comfortable. I suppose that's the price you pay for having friends who think independently as a hobby. Stupid boys, why don't you do something other than read the news on the internet. You know like ... chasing girls or something that normal boys do.

What do normal boys do? Play basketball or something? Man ... how sad is it that I don't know what normal boys do in their spare time? I guess that tells you a lot about the kind of people I spend my time with. I like it. Thinking is fun!

But thinking is not fun when all people want to talk about is how Obama is not qualified to be president or about how Palin is the polar opposite to what every woman in America should stand for or about how McCain is going to see to it that we never leave Iraq. Then thinking makes you want to run into a closet and just lock yourself away until after November when people go back to have normal discussions that don't end in yelling matches about the left or the right.

So I decided that I am going to work out who I am going to vote for on this blog. Honest to God. I am going to do a lot of research, from both liberal and not so liberal sources. I will get the skinny on what the candidate's platforms are from their websites and other sources. I will look at what Google has to say about them when I type in their names. Then I will post links to the articles I read, maybe even quote a few of them, and let you know what I think about this whole mess that is the race for the presidency. Whose knows, I might actually enjoy doing all this extra work on top of my trig homework (math rocks! ... right).

Well, here I go. Pulling my head out of the sand and jumping head first into the turbulent political waters. Wish me luck.

XOXOXOX -

P.S. Thanks for the idea to really jump start this blog Mo - it's only been sitting here with nothing on it for a few months now, right?

No comments: